How to Register for Open UAS Studies
- Familiarise yourself with Open UAS registration instructions and cancellation terms. Read the descriptions and possible prerequisites of the courses you are interested in.
- Login to the web store, choose a discount if applicable.
- Purchase courses from the web store during the registration period.
- Provide your personal information and a discount certificate if you have one via the personal information form. You can also find the form from the web store after your purchase.
- You’ve secured your place to study!
- Once your registration has been processed, you will get instructions via email on how to activate your Humak credentials and how to log in to the Hoodle learning environment. Course specific instructions can be found on Hoodle when the course begins.
Please note when registering
Study spots reserved for Open UAS on the webstore are not available for Humak’s degree students.
Registration for studies completed at your own pace lasting the whole academic year are processed within two weeks of registration.
No new registrations are processed after the entry period ends.
Studies must be completed according to the course timetable.
You can register for only one implementation of the same course or study module at a time.
Do not register for studies you don’t have time to complete. Cancel your registration as soon as possible if you are unable to complete the studies.
You can cancel your registration according to cancellation terms (see below).
Studying at the Open UAS costs 15 € per ECTS. A total purchase cap of 300 € is in effect for the entire academic year. For example:
- Study module worth 10 ECTS cost 150 €
- Path studies worth 60 ECTS cost 300 €
In addition to the tuition fee, students are responsible for any travel, meal or accommodation expenses. Other possible fees related to the studies, e.g., study material and ticket fees, are specified in course specific information. Students must also take care of possible insurances.
Discounts and Benefits
Studies are free for the unemployed and laid off until 31.12.2021
Humak offers open university studies free of charge to the unemployed and those laid off full-time. The entire store selection of the Open UAS store is free of charge, with the exception of adventure education study modules and adventure education courses that include contact teaching. This offer applies to new registrations made no later than December 31st, 2021. At other times, we grant a 50% discount to the unemployed and laid off.
Unemployed persons and those laid off full-time are eligible for free studies if they are covered by Finnish social security (accepted with a certificate of unemployment, with the code 02, 03, 05, 06, 07 and 08). You must be unemployed or laid off at the time of registration. A “Certificate of unemployment” obtained from the TE office. A certificate obtained from TE offices online service is accepted. The date of the certificate must be close to the date of registration. Submit the certificate as an attachment in the personal information form when you register for courses, or send it no later than within 7 days after registration using the form for sending attachments. If the certificate is not submitted within 7 days, your registration will be cancelled.
The unemployed, retired and Humak’s graduated alumni are entitled to a 50 % discount on single courses starting from 25.5.2021. The discount does not apply to pathway studies, adventure education study modules or adventure education courses which include contact teaching.
Submit a certificate of unemployment as an attachment (with the code 02, 03, 05, 06, 07 and 08) in the personal information form when you register for courses, or send it no later than within 7 days after registration using the form for sending attachments. If the certificate is not submitted within 7 days, your registration will be cancelled.
The payment cap for studies completed during an academic year (1.8.-31.7.) is 300€. Once the payment cap has been reached, you can select studies from the Open UAS free of charge.
The payment cap is personal, and possible discounts will be included in the payment cap as well. You can make use of the payment cap by registering to our web store. The payment cap calculator activates once we’ve processed your first purchase. Adventure education tuition fees are not included in the payment cap. The payment cap resets once a new academic year begins on the first of August.
Payment for the studies is made when registering. You can pay with:
- Online banking
- Credit card
- Paying in instalments. If you choose to pay in instalments, you will also enter into a financing agreement with Collector Bank. Humak will wait until the end of the cancellation period before accepting the invoice. After this, you will no longer be able to get a refund of your tuition fee and you will be required to pay the full amount of the invoice to the financial institution even if you choose to drop out of your studies or cancel your studies. The payment agreement is between the customer and the financial institution. Failure to pay will result in a credit report.
The payer is another party, e.g., the employer
If you cannot use online banking or a credit card, you can make the payment directly into the bank account. You can ask instruction by sending email to email@example.com.
Organisations can also ask for invoice by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The web store account and academic year payment cap are customer specific. Humak does not disclose customer account information or customer IDs.
You can cancel your registration:
- 14 days before the start of studies. (see study period in product description)
- Studies completed at your own pace can be cancelled before your registration has been processed. You cannot cancel a registration after you have received instructions to activate your user ID.
The payment of the cancelled studies will be refunded. A refund will affect the academic year payment cap, and it may also affect the refunded sum.
Studies will be refunded in full if they are cancelled because of reason related to Humak, or the student does not pass the prerequirements of the studies.
After cancelling studies, you will not have access to the learning environment or study materials. Your user ID will remain in effect for 30 days after your studies have ended.
The right to study for paid courses cannot be forwarded. If you want to continue your unfinished studies during the next academic year, you must register and pay for the studies again via the web store, if the relevant studies are still available.
A cancellation notice must be made in written from and sent to email@example.com. The notice must include:
- Student name and contact information
- Information about studies you wish to cancel
Payments will not be returned, and instalment payments are not cancelled when:
- You don’t start your studies or finish them (no matter the reason for cancellation)
- You cancel your registration after the cancellation period has ended
- Your study or technical skills are inadequate to complete studies
UAS offered Open UAS courses are not subject to VAT for any client groups.