Community Educators as Adventure Education Experts 5 ECTS (summer 2020) NEW!
|Studies||Open University of Applied Sciences|
|Method of instruction||Online course|
|Schedule||Self-paced online course. Assignments and exam should be completed by 14th of August 2020.|
|Registration deadline||24.05.2020 at 23:59:00 (EET)|
|Contact person||Tero Lämsä (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
CEBCE02-3003 Community Educators as Adventure Education Experts
Meanwhile, while we are translating our portal in English here are the instructions how to add the product to the shopping cart and proceed to the check out:
On this course, students will familiarize themselves with the basic ideas, concepts, frame of reference, and principles of Adventure Education. In adventure education, the focus is on experiential, activity- and adventure-based methods and processes, which are targeted to support and promote the growth, development, learning, wellbeing, and agency of individuals, groups, and communities. Adventure education can be implemented by an educator, instructor, teacher, or therapist, and can be applied in early education, youth work, schools and colleges, and rehabilitation.
On the course, students will acquire knowledge about Adventure Education as a pedagogical approach. The course is part of the degree programme curriculum in Adventure and Outdoor Education, Community Educator (Bachelor of Humanities), at Humak University of Applied Sciences. However, this particular course is open for everyone interested in Adventure Education, and it sheds light on Adventure Education both in the context of Community Educator Studies and in general. The course is well suited especially for students in the fields of Education, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
Contents of the course
- Basics of adventure education
- Meaning of adventure education in preventive work, in supporting the growth and development of individuals and groups, in promoting personal engagement, in reinforcing the sense of community, and in promoting well-being
- Multiple fields of adventure education, such as youth work, organisational work, education, well-being services, nature- and adventure-based entrepreneurship
Intended learning outcomes
After the completion of the course, students
- are familiar with the foundation and competency basis of adventure education
- recognise the potential and applicability of adventure education
- are familiar with the professional field of adventure education
The total cost of the studies is €75. Humak grants a 50 % discount for pensioners, and graduated Humak alumni. To unemployed we offer the course for free. To receive the discount, copies of pensioner cards and certificates of unemployment/active job search (containing the codes 02 and 05) mustbe attached to the personal information form https://elomake.humak.fi/lomakkeet/154/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=english.