Coaching-based approach 5 ECTS, Summer
|Studies||Open University of Applied Sciences|
|Method of instruction||Online course|
|Study period||01.06.2022 – 31.08.2022|
|Schedule||Self-paced online course. Assignments and final exam should be completed by 31.8.2022.|
|Registration deadline||22.5.2022 at 23:59:00 (EET)|
|Contact person||Jussi Hynninen (email@example.com, tel +358 504 399 312)|
On this course, students will familiarize with the basic ideas, concepts, frame of reference, and principles of Coaching-based approach. It can be implemented by an educator, instructor, teacher and can be applied for example in youth work, sports, business and life in general. On the course, you will acquire knowledge about Coaching as a pedagogical approach and specialize in one of the fields of coaching.
The course is part of the degree programme curriculum in Adventure and Outdoor Education, Community Educator (Bachelor of Humanities), at Humak University of Applied Sciences (for more information, please see our website). However, this course is also open for everyone interested in Coaching-based approach. The course is well-suited especially for students in the fields of Education, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
- Introduction to Coaching – Theoretical Framework
- Coaching in Life, Business, Sports and Youth Work
- Specializing to one Coaching Discipline
Intended learning outcomes
After the completion of the course, students
- are familiar with the principles and professional applications of the coaching-based work approach
- study and develop the coaching situations of individuals and groups from a goal-oriented and needs-based perspective
- are aware of the reciprocal and dialogic nature of coaching relations -plan, implement and evaluate participatory goal-oriented coaching situations in a professional context
- identify their own strengths and development goals as coaches for individuals and groups.