International Sign 5 ECTS
|Studies||Open University of Applied Sciences|
|Method of instruction||Online course|
|Study pediod||01.09.2021 – 31.12.2021|
|Registration deadline||19.08.2021 at 23:59:00 (EET)|
|Contact person||Juha Manunen (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
The aim is for students to learn to use multimodal resources in their expression. The course introduces students to different sign languages.
Course is intented for sign language interpreters.
Knowledge & good skills on at least one signed language, good skills in English.
Intended learning outcomes
Student will be able to
- critically examine the political and linguistic status of International Sign
- demonstrate knowledge of linguistic and cultural differences between sign languages across the world
- communicate in international contexts by using signs, structures and strategies commonly used at international events for deaf people
- apply and develop their language skills in multilingual and multicultural settings
- use international signs and gestures and visual and mimic signs to enrich verbal communication
- understand texts produced in International Sign on familiar topics.