Human Rights and Diversity 5 ECTS, spring 2021
8 in stock
|Studies||Open University of Applied Sciences|
|Method of instruction||Contact instruction online, group projects, independent learning. The studies take place at the Humak campus in Nurmijärvi Kotorannantie 49, 05250 KILJAVA|
|Study pediod||03.05.2021 – 25.05.2021|
|Schedule||Contact teaching can be held online if the COVID situation requires. Update 16.2.2021: Contact teaching will be held online.
Contact teaching schedule
Contact teaching takes place at 9.30-15.30
|Registration deadline||22.04.2021 at 23:59:00 (EET)|
|Contact person||Sari Huttu (email@example.com)|
Contents of the course
Students will learn about the relevance of respect for human rights and a democratic value base as the foundation of professional thinking and practice. The course covers also culture and gender-sensitive work approach.
The studies take place at the Humak campus in Nurmijärvi.
- recognise the relevance of respect for human rights and a democratic value base as the foundation of professional thinking and practice
- identify a range of factors that define “self” and “other”
- professionally evaluate and recognise their personal relationships with diversity
- A good command of the English language, both spoken and written (the studies are conducted in English).
- Good social skills and an ability to work in a multicultural setting in diverse student groups.
The total cost of the studies is €75. Humak grants a 50 % discount for pensioners, and graduated Humak alumni. To unemployed we offer the course for free. To receive the discount, copies of pensioner cards and certificates of unemployment/active job search (by Finnish TE Services, containing the codes 02, 03 ,05, 06, 07 or 08) must be attached to the personal information form. We only accept Finnish certificates of unemployment or pensioner cards.