|Studies||Open University of Applied Sciences. Master´s level course.|
|Method of instruction||Online course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Schedule and mode of delivery||Mode of delivery
|Registration deadline||03.01.2022 at 23:59:00 (EET)|
|Contact person||Anita Saaranen-Kauppinen (email@example.com, tel. +358 400 349 224)|
Experiential learning and society 5 ECTS (Master´s level), spring (NEW!)
On this course, students acquire a comprehensive understanding of how and why experiential and adventure education may be used to influence the growth, development, learning, agency, and wellbeing of individuals, groups, and communities. Furthermore, students explore the relevance of experiential learning and adventure education in contemporary societies.
The course is part of the new study module of Experiential and adventure education 15 ECTS (will be launched 2022-2023) at Humak University of Applied Sciences. The module focuses on developing pedagogical practices of instruction through the principles of Experiential Education. In particular, the module addresses the theories, methodologies, and implementation of Adventure Education. Students acquire the key competences to design, implement, evaluate, and develop experiential and adventure educational processes in their professional fields.
Key contents in Experiential learning and society 5 ECTS:
- History, philosophy, traditions, and essential theoretical concepts of experiential education and learning and adventure education
- Pragmatic premises, principles and processes of instruction
- Current discussions and research
The course is well suited especially for students in the fields of Education, Social Sciences, and Humanities. In addition, it is suited for students e.g. in Health care and well-being, Psychology, and Tourism.
- understand the key perspectives of the theoretical frame of reference of experiential education and learning and adventure education
- examine on current discussions and research on experiential learning and adventure education
- demonstrate knowledge on the pragmatic basis and principles of experiential learning and adventure education
- critically evaluate on the potential, relevance, and applicability of experiential learning and adventure education in different professional fields, environments, and communities
- reflect on developing expertise in the context of experiential learning and adventure education
New course. No feedback yet.