COSM is the educational offer of harmonised three courses (3 x 5 ECTS) focused on cultural management and organisational change regarding wide range of sustainability values:
COSM is a laboratory of sustainability focused cultural management teaching methods and social (community) impact tools, applied to cultural management and cultural organisations practices.
The first side of the COSM perspective is the one that acknowledge, adapt, and strengthen the role of cultural managers in supporting the general sustainability movement, impacting people’s and industries’ pro-ecological behaviours, assisting all types of attempts to make our life more sustainable, ethical, responsible or balanced – in environmental, social and economic sense.
The second perspective of the COSM is the one from the inside of cultural management ecosystems. To strengthen sustainability values-oriented practices of leaders and employees of culture, art & heritage organisations’, as well as culture & arts entrepreneurs. This includes the quality of organisational cultures, the range and accessibility of professional development conditions, non-toxic leadership, synergetic and participative cultural policies as a soil for cultural management practice, ethical and balanced cultural work environment. This is all about providing tools and conditions for a sustainable, healthy, ethically concerned cultural management ecosystems. We require a refreshed perspective on the impact of cultural policies’ political trends and conditions on the cultural management practice. Sustainability values oriented cultural management might be the answer.
Participants who will accomplish all three COSM courses (1+2+3, 15 ECTS) will be granted with a special final certificate / document confirming their expertise in Culture and Sustainability.
- COSM 1: Cultural Organisation & Sustainability Management 5 ECTS
- COSM 2: Cultural Entrepreneurship & Sustainability Management 5 ECTS
- COSM 3: Cultural Management & 3 Dimensions of the Sustainability: Environmental, Social & Economic 5 ECTS
COSM is the unique chance to:
1) get the international and cross-sectorial perspective on the sustainability values oriented cultural management and rediscover it’s meaning in collaborative spirit
2) join the team of people exploring sustainability-oriented solutions with experts, cultural managers and cultural producers in their organizational and entrepreneurial contexts, developing sustainability management rooted in the core of humanities and arts as academic, applied disciplines of science and practice
3) use safe space for questioning the answers regarding cultural organizations and cultural professionals’ role in balancing their ecosystems, redefining their way of narrating what they (un)do, with what tools or methods, and how they are impacting their local communities
4) be the part of regular webinars and discussions with international & regional experts and practitioners focused on culture & sustainability, to strengthen sustainability values-oriented practices of leaders and employees of culture, art & heritage organisations’, as well as culture & arts entrepreneurs and NGO’s members
5) take part in the courses’ activities and assignments that are facilitating several dimensions of your potential: interaction, cooperation, reflection, written argumentation and dialogue in conversation, all aiming to have effective role of cultural managers in supporting all types of attempts to make our cultural ecosystems and our life more sustainable, ethical, responsible, or balanced – in environmental, social, and economic sense
More information on COSM web site.